[78-L] Winnie-the-Who?

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon May 11 16:38:16 PDT 2009

Finally found the information, on the very last inside page of the book (it's
hardly a booklet). "The exclusive material contained in these records, and
based upon Winston S. Churchill's 'Memories of the Second World War', was
recorded by Sir Winston at his home during the period 1948-1949. His broadcast
statements--which have been reproduced, as far as technicalities allow, in
full--were taken from radio transcriptions dating from 1933 to 1945."

In other words, they ARE the original broadcasts except where they aren't.

Boy, I forgot how elaborate a package this was. I have Copy #1941 in its
original box. What am I offered? The glue holding the cover to the book(let)
has dried but the discs are near mint.

dl

>>> http://www.fpp.co.uk/bookchapters/WSC/Observer291000.html