[78-L] cleaning and digitizing 78s

Ying-fen Wang nanguanl at ntu.edu.tw
Mon May 11 17:31:28 PDT 2009

Dear list,

As a new subscriber to the list, I am writing to seek your advice on
cleaning and digitizing 78s.

I am a faculty member at National Taiwan University. We just purchased about
550 78s of Taiwan music and some records recorded in Amoy.

We are now looking for ways to clean and digitize these records. The goal is
to set up a digital archive of these records (and hopefully with more to
come).

I wonder if there has been discussion on this on this list. I tried to
search for this on the list's archive. But there are too many of them, and I
don't have time to go through each of them.

Any help and advice would be most appreciated.

One thing I would add is that the condition of the records collected in
Taiwan are usually rather bad.

Best regards,

Ying-fen Wang