[78-L] Record label pics

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Wed May 6 19:55:47 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sam Hopper" <sam at bytesite.com.au>
> Some members of 78-L were discussing picture labels the other week (I
> deleted the emails so I'm not 100% sure). There was discussion
> relating to the idea of setting up a storage space/blogging site for
> collectors of 78s.
>
> I am a collector of 78s (have been for over 20 years) but I am also
> website designer by trade and I am willing to set up a site for
> collectors if there is a need for it.
> It would be hosted at a space specifically relating to 78s (ie. domain
> name reflecting this fact).
>
> If there is a call for this, I am willing to create a multiuser site
> suitable for blogging, photo galleries and mp3 file uploads - BUT, is
> there a calling for something like this for 78 collectors?
>
> The site would take about a week to create, and it would be free (with
> a little advertising to help with hosting cost).
>
> I'd be interested in getting feedback for collectors.
>
> Is there a need for this?????

There has been a 78label e-mail list at least twice! One was a YahooGroups
list...its image archive was unexpectedly and unceremoniously deleted by
Yahoo on the grounds it took up too much space! A bit later, Ron F
"rescued" the list and it used to be (but no longer seems to be) image-
archived at 78online.com. This was also the site facility which offered
the complete "Abrams Files" for download!

What has to be decided is this: WHAT exactly is to be considered to
be a "variant" of a label? Different colours (if so...HOW different?)...
different fonts for credits...different wording for Manufacturer data
and/or patent listings...and/or so forth?!

Comment ca va?!

...stevenc