[78-L] How well did they do it

joe@salerno.com jsalerno at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 30 10:33:52 PDT 2009

I stand corrected!

Some were direct to direct one generation removed. Direct to direct to
disc. I did not know about the substitution of voice for a high note. Do
you know the year of the recording you reference? I assume it was
electrical?

I knew the AFRS could delete a word or a phrase or a commercial, but
those were transcriptions, not 78s.

Would it be safe to say that no ACOUSTICAL records were ever documented
to have been edited in this manner? (save for Mr. Caruso, and they did
not change anything that he recorded, they only added more music there to)

Actually, even the Pathes were not all direct to disc, they were bumped
from master cylinders.....my universe is crumbling.

joe salerno