[78-L] How Well Did They Do It

Fred Lowenhaupt lphred at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 30 08:51:13 PDT 2009

 I started listening to music at a very early age. My family used to have parties that were mainly for dancing and I listened to everything from Benny Goodman and Harry James to Russ Morgan and Eddy Howard.
 I never missed "Your Hit Parade" on television It became my favorite show. In 1955 I started listening to Doo Wop and really loved it. By the early 60's my main interest was big band swing. In 1971 on a camping trip I found around 20 records in a flea market all from the late 20's through early 30's. From that point on until today almost all my interest has been focused on dance band recordings from that period. I still like all the other music I listened to growing up But the late 20's through early 30's is my passion.

     Fred