[78-L] How Well Did They Do It

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Thu Apr 30 09:32:10 PDT 2009

Fred mentioned the Eddy Howard Orch. which gets far too little attention
from collectors.

His Majestic of "Cynthia's In Love" is one of the most romantic and gorgeous
post-war dance sides...as I recall it's the flip to his big hit of To Each
His Own,  which is also beautiful...but not as fine as "Cynthia."

I'll also take an opportunity to plug the post-war Kay Kysers on
Columbia...check out That's The Beginning of the End with a Michael Douglas
vocal...also Say It Isn't So...best arrangement of that song I've ever
heard.  And the Kyser record of Old Buttermilk Sky is pop perfection.

Taylor