[78-L] 78-ellers in Toronto today

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun Apr 26 21:33:20 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lennick" <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> Great presentations as always today at the Canadian Collectors Conference,
> and
> a number of US visitors including Don Chichester and his wife Jane, and
> Brad
> Kay, with whom I've spoken many times but never met in person. Brad did a
> great
> profile of Fud Livingston. And as might be expected, this year's special
> video
> presentation was a tribute to Joe Showler.

It should be noted that these "C^3" events ALWAYS involve interesting
programs
(informative as well!) and that numerous 78rpm phonorecords change hands (to
MINE whenever possible!!). Further, the consumption of CANADIAN beer
(not the dubious version purveyed in the US Of A...?!) is encouraged at both
the "pre-" and "post-" Conference events!!

Those listeners who happen to reside within
driving/cycling/walking/bus-riding/
wotever distance of  Toronto, Ont'o., Canada are ENCOURAGED to attend
this annual event!! Life seldom gets better than enjoying opportunities to:
1) DISCUSS 78's; 2) LISTEN TO 78's; 3) EXCHANGE 78's; 4) BUY 78's;
5) Hang out with fellow (are there any gals?!) shellacophiles; 6) Drink
Canuck
beer...?!?!

After all most of us 78 lovers are "too old to cut the mustard" when/if
"S*x"
is involved (See under "Assault With A Dead Weapon" on legal-related
web sites...?!) so we might as well seek alternative interests...?!?!

...stevenc