[78-L] MMe Landowska

Bill Knowlton udmacon1 at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 18 06:54:45 PDT 2009

"Also, there is the famous Wanda Landowska Scarlatti harpsichord record made
in Paris, just before it fell to the Nazis in 1940 where you can hear the
sound of explosions outside the studio".

That explains why, in the 1950s when Mme Landowska prepared to record for Victor in her Lakeville CT home she actually had the chutzpah to call the local State Police and tell them to stop all traffic on Route 44 while she was making records!

The police were so astonished by this strange request they actually complied!

BILL KNOWLTON, "Bluegrass Ramble," Sundays: 9 pm to midnight (EST) over WCNY-FM (91.3) Syracuse, WUNY (89.5) Utica, WJNY (90.9) Watertown NY, also: www.wcny.org      PO Box 2400, Syracuse NY 13220-2400. 315-457-6100
"I remember the first time I tasted Moxie. It's a sipping soda. If you drink it, it tastes like carbonated cough medicine, but if you sip, you may get cola, root beer, cinnamon, vanilla, licorice, black cherry--and the first time I got them ALL!" --John Neese

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me