[78-L] Mon Collecion incluye les 78s de Quebec!

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Fri Apr 10 15:09:49 PDT 2009

At 19:36 10/04/2009, you wrote:
>What I get a kick out of are translated versions of American releases by
>the original artist(s) using the same backing tracks. This is of course
>more common on post 1960 releases than on 78's. Can anyone cite examples
>of this marketing tool on 78?
>Mal

Yes -- One I pointed out a bit ago -- The Ballad of Davy Crockett by
Bill Hayes as was released on Cadence 1256 and Die Ballade von Davy
Crockett by said same Bill Hayes on Cadence 1422. The 14xx series on
Cadence only lasted for 3 releases -- one per year in the mid 50s,
and this oddity being the only one of its type.

B side was a German version of the English B-side

Tony