[78-L] Mon Collecion incluye les 78s de Quebec!

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Apr 10 13:56:55 PDT 2009

Bertrand CHAUMELLE wrote:
> For instance, "Poison Ivy" wa s done in French by Bob Azzam in '61:
> "Fleur du diable", and by Boris Manço
> in '64: "Quelle peste" (not 78's, sorry)
>

>  Bill McClung a écrit :
> Hearing about the Coasters in French and Mary Ann in Jamaican style is
> great fun.

As I have traveled and otherwise collected, I have sought out foreign
language versions of English language hits.  I've found Hungarian
versions of Little Richard and Elvis hits, Finnish versions of Rosemary
Clooney's hits, Russian versions of Glenn Miller hits, Xmas caroles in
Chinese, trucker songs in German (On the Road Again is turned into Auf
die Autobahn), etc.  One of the most famous 78s of foreign language hits
was Tokyo Shoe Shine Boy which I have, and was re-created in the
soundtrack of the original movie M*A*S*H.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com