[78-L] Tom Lehrer was Two Singers who cause

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue Apr 7 13:21:40 PDT 2009

Michael Shoshani wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 14:17 -0400, Michael Biel wrote:
>

>> The U.S. album of Revisited contains one side from it, and the other
>> side from Harvard.  The British version has both sides from Harvard and
>> was the version reissued on CD.  The idiots at Rhino didn't realize that
>> the British LP was so much easier to find than the U.S. album because it
>> was in print for a decade after the U.S. album was deleted.  The CDs
>> also do not have the proper real stereo versions.  I've never seen a
>> Lehrer label LP in stereo.
>>

> I have An Evening Wasted With Tom Lehrer in stereo on the Lehrer label
> LP. Tom Lehrer Revisited was never issued in stereo, nor were its
> UK/Australian counterparts. I'm not sure it was even recorded in stereo.
>
> Lehrer discography assembled with help from TL himself:
> http://dmdb.org/discographies/lehrer.disco.html
>
> MS/LFT

Yes, this is the discography I've been referring to for many years, and
I see a lot of new updates throughout it.  It would be interesting to
find out from you what the stereo is like and how it compares with the
Reprise fake stereo version.  The discography also notes that Lehrer
edited some of the applause on the Reprise version of the mono master
tape which is why the Reprise stereo LP and early CDs are fake stereo
and that the current version of the CD is back to the mono--at his
insistance.  More of Tom Lehrer was also issued in stereo only on Lehrer
LPs.  Wonder what it sounds like.

Mike Biel   mbiel at mbiel.com