[78-L] Muzak is 75

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Tue Mar 31 18:45:31 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Julian Vein" <julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk>
> Ron L wrote:
>> I complain, much to my girlfriend's dismay, when I find the music too
>> loud
>> and/or offensive.   She doesn't like me to complain but she definitely
>> prefers, as do I those places where the background music is truly
>> background
>> music.
>> Ron
> The rule seems to be "turn up the volume until it distorts, then turn it
> up some more!"

That would seem to be the system which all too many younger folks
use to set the volume for the "stereos" in their auto-mobiles...?!
I have heard car stereos which were turned up to the point that the
bass line could stillbe heard...even though both the auto in question
and the streetcar on which I was a passenger had their windows
shut tight...?!

...stevenc