[78-L] ? Bernard Herrmann, 1947-51

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon Mar 30 20:03:32 PDT 2009

David Lennick wrote:
> Of course there isn't one performance listed there that anyone could have gone
> out and bought and brought home, but a discography is a discography. Sorta.

Actually this just seems to be a tape listing, and maybe the number
above it is a disc catalog number.  Those numbers seem to be the type of
thing that the archive itself gave the discs, and there is no details of
what they really were.

But more important, it does not answer the question of what 78s were
issued during that era.  And furthermore, the original question was what
was he doing during 1947-1951. This list shows some 1947 and 1949
concerts, but nothing in 1948 or anything after 1949 until some 1956
recordings made in England.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com