[78-L] Alec Wilder was Mitch Miller

James A. Harrod jaharrod at cox.net
Sun Mar 29 09:14:18 PDT 2009

There was a third session as well:

Mundell Lowe
Joe Wilder (tp) John Barrows, Jimmy Buffington (fhr) Harold Gotzler,
Bernard Garfield, Don Hammond, Jerry Roth (reeds) Mundell Lowe (g)
Milt Hinton (b) Ed Shaughnessy (d)
New York, July 3, 1956
     Suggestion for bored dancers    Riv RLP12-219
     She never wore make-up       -
     Mama never dug this scene       -
     Around the world in 2:34       -

 From Lord 9.0.

This Riverside LP has not been reissued on CD, and none of the pieces
were from the octet repertoire.  The LP was titled - "New Music of
Alec Wilder."

Jim