[78-L] Alec Wilder was Mitch Miller

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Mar 29 08:46:46 PDT 2009

Eric Goldberg wrote:
> I don't know this one at all, but I remember an Alec Wilder Octet (I think an octet) record on Riverside which I haven't found reissued. It was similar to the Frank Sinatra conducts album of Wilder works on Columbia. Does anyone know if this has been reissued.
>
> Eric Goldberg
===============
Actually, it was issued under Mundell Lowe's name:

Mundell Lowe

Joe Wilder (tp) John Barrows, Jimmy Buffington (fhr) Jimmy Carroll
(cl,b-cl) Bernard Garfield (bassoon) Don Hammond (fl) Jerry Roth (oboe)
Mundell Lowe (g) Trigger Alpert (b) Ed Shaughnessy (d)
New York, June 12, 1956
     Walk softly    Riv RLP12-219
     What happened last night       -
     Target for neurotics       -         , S-3
     The endless quest       -

Mundell Lowe

Harold Gotzler (bassoon) replaces Bernard Garfield
New York, June 19, 1956
     Let's get together and cry    Riv RLP12-219
     Pop ! what's a passacaglia ?       -
     No plans       -
     An unrelenting memory       -

 From Lord 4.4.