[78-L] Alec Wilder was Mitch Miller

Eric Goldberg ericgoldie2 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 29 08:36:31 PDT 2009

I don't know this one at all, but I remember an Alec Wilder Octet (I think an octet) record on Riverside which I haven't found reissued. It was similar to the Frank Sinatra conducts album of Wilder works on Columbia. Does anyone know if this has been reissued.

Eric Goldberg

"Horn Belt Boogie" was one of the four pieces written by Alec Wilder for an
EP
"Conversation Piece for Horns and Harpsichord" (Columbia B-1674) by Mitch
Miller;
the others were "Serenade For Horns"; "Singing Horns"; "Horns O' Plenty".
They were
recorded in New York on August 13th 1951 by:
Stan Freeman, harpsichord; Jimmy Buffington, John Barrows, Ray Alonge and
Gunther Schuller
french horns......maybe a way of relaxing after suffering through a Guy
Mitchell session???

Nigel Burlinson.