[78-L] Glenn Miller interview?

Dingo roadie at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 23 16:07:53 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rodger Holtin" <rjh334578 at yahoo.com>
To: "78-List" <78-l at 78online.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2009 11:31 PM
Subject: [78-L] Glenn Miller interview?

Back in 1970 I taped a Glenn miller special from WHAM in Rochester hosted by
Bill Givens on which he played an interview with Glenn Miller with a British
chap, obviously only shortly before his disappearance as they discuss the
Air Force band war effort stuff. Anybody know the original / commercial
source of that? Sounds echoed-up like a 1960s RCA.

Rodger

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Roger,

I think you'll find what you're looking for at:
http://www.tuxjunction.net/glennmiller.htm  Scroll down to the list of radio
broadcasts towards the bottom of the page. However, it appears not to be
downloadable. But there is a d/l version at
http://glenn-miller-bbc-interview-sept-1944--mp3-download.kohit.net/_/107529
altho' the quality is not so good.

HTH
~~