[78-L] Glenn Miller interview?

simmonssomer simmonssomer at comcast.net
Sat Mar 28 12:48:19 PDT 2009

Rodger, I've found a Glenn Miller interview done in England. The interviewer
is a chap named Vern. The band had been in England for three months at the
time of this broadcast. It's a fairly loose format but Glenn's answers are
strictly P.R. and were possiby scripted. Glenn mentions that he hopes soon
to take the band to Europe. The whole thing takes perhaps 5 minutes and
there is no station or other I.D. to give us a clue to the occasion.    No
echo.
I could attempt to send it to you as it is on a MP3 disc. My success ratio
at this sort of thing is about 30% which , if I were a baseball player,
would make me a multi-millionaire. The fact that I am not continues to
rankle.

Al Simmons