[78-L] Limited edition Miller

David Weiner djwein at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 19 10:46:47 PDT 2009

One last comment -

  The fourth one "For the Very
First Time" LPM 6100 was only a three-disc set, came out in 1959, and
might not have been on 45s  It had a painting of Miller playing the
trombone on the front cover which bled over to a painting of the band
bus on the back.  It was the hardest one of any of them for me to get.
I only got it about  5 years ago.  Although not a numbered "Limited
Edition", I don't think they made any effort to make more of the padded
covers or put it in a box after they ran out of the original run of the
covers.
--------
I have seen dozens of copies of LPM-6100 through the years and have NEVER
seen a copy that was on anything but the initial shaded dog-silver print
label.  Even the copy I bought new at Sam Goody in late 1968 was on that
label.  Don't think it was ever repressed on the post-1964 RCA label or the
orange label.

Dave W.