[78-L] First Blue Wax Columbia issue?

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Wed Mar 18 16:06:49 PDT 2009

The last black label (Electrical Process) known to me is 2718-D (Harld Stern).
>From 2721-D (Ted Lewis) on, all issues with blue label.
Sherman-Nauck, Note the Notes, state that "Royal Blue" records were introduced Dec 1932.
I think that the new blue label was combined with blue wax from its introduction.
Per Barr, 2721-D was released in Dec 32.

Han Enderman
===
>>> If one were to guess...would the first original issue blue waxers be in the
2600D series or 2700D?  I recall my Joe Haymes of Old Man of the Mountain is
a 2700 and it is all black.  Or is that another function of the different
pressing plants following different paths?

I am pleased that Royal is answering my questions about "Royal Blue"
records...that seems very appropriate!

Taylor B