[78-L] Need to fill gaps in your Electradisk collection?

Harold Aherne leotolstoy_75 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 8 19:53:06 PDT 2009

For anyone who's interested, there are 11 Electradisks on Ebay right now,
the most I've yet seen listed at one time (10 are from 1 seller). Type "Electradisk"
into the search box on the main Ebay page and you should get them. At least a
couple have an original Electradisk sleeve, which seem to be even less common
than the records they contained!  What I never noticed is that some of the later
ones, released simultaneously on Bluebird, contain the Bluebird catalogue
number underneath the Electradisk number.

Anyone know more about Sid Peltyn, the bandleader on so many sides of Victor's
dime-store labels in the 1932-34 period? Is he the same person as Tom Berwick
Al Mitchell, and Hal Davis, or were they all distinct people?

-Harold