[78-L] Need to fill gaps in your Electradisk collection?

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun Mar 8 21:32:01 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Harold Aherne" <leotolstoy_75 at yahoo.com>
> For anyone who's interested, there are 11 Electradisks on Ebay right now,
> the most I've yet seen listed at one time (10 are from 1 seller). Type
> "Electradisk"
> into the search box on the main Ebay page and you should get them. At
> least a
> couple have an original Electradisk sleeve, which seem to be even less
> common
> than the records they contained! What I never noticed is that some of the
> later
> ones, released simultaneously on Bluebird, contain the Bluebird catalogue
> number underneath the Electradisk number.
> Anyone know more about Sid Peltyn, the bandleader on so many sides of
> Victor's
> dime-store labels in the 1932-34 period? Is he the same person as Tom
> Berwick
> Al Mitchell, and Hal Davis, or were they all distinct people?

"Sid Peltyn" (if he existed as such...?!) was the nominal "leader" of the
"house
band" that cut many pop tunes for the Bluebird label...! As you note,a
number
of names were given credit on the "BB group"...IIRC, I once knew someone
who knew all the applicable data, but that was MANY years ago...!!

...stevenc