[78-L] CD reissue business, WAS copyright

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 8 15:20:57 PDT 2009

A number of Living Era titles have been resuscitated on a new label called
Retrospective, produced by Nimbus..and don't worry, they aren't playing the
masters on a boom box in a live room and recording them on two mikes, our Alan
Bunting is remastering them. I don't know what their American distribution is
yet..possibly the same as Nimbus had.

Naxos titles can be ordered from Michael Saunders at A Web of Fine Music in St.
Catharines, Ontario. http://www.finemusic.ca/

As for what I'm currently working on..diddly squat. Three labels went out of
business on me last year, two others that expressed interest in November have
not been heard from since, Naxos has 7 or 8 titles in the can which they're
issuing very slowly, and I haven't produced a new master since November. I'm
working on getting interested parties involved in direct marketing to the crowd
that still wants older music on CD and aren't interested in downloading or
streaming (there actually are such people).

Have needle, will transfer.

dl