[78-L] CD reissue business, WAS copyright

Mark Hendrix 78L gennett5276 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 8 14:03:20 PDT 2009

Well... perhaps not the *whole* CD reissue business.  I know I am blessed to
live in the San Francisco Bay Area, where there are still some good
independent record stores.  But within the past month, I have purchased
reissue CDs on Timeless, Frog, Rivermont, and Archeophone, all in "bricks
and mortar" record stores.  I don't know how long my good fortune will last,
but I am making a priority of purchasing things in the stores, rather than
on line.

Mosaic and Marston keep putting out impressive reissues, the former largely
direct mail-order and the latter a subscription service.  That leaves only
Retrieval and Naxos as CD reissue labels (that I regularly purchase) that I
have to track down on line.

Most of the commercial CDs I have with your name on it, David, are on either
Naxos (expensive and a pain to get in the USA) or ASV Living Era (sadly
defunct).  Would you consider announcing what you're working on and where
people can get it?  Or produce more low-cost, homemade issues?  That Homer &
Jethro CD I bought from you a little while ago has received many, many spins
at my house, and with EFREM at your disposal, I'm sure you could produce
many more.

--Mark Hendrix