[78-L] The Grafonola in the Classroom and Col A7505

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com
Fri Feb 27 17:42:32 PST 2009

Right. I used the electric as my example to you because if it blasts on
a record that is louder than another, as in your examples, the wear
and/ot hardening of the reproducer gasket, and it's aural effect, will
be more easily discernible.
Using the acoustic recording as an example for kindergarteners might not
be a good idea  since they probably won't understand the speaker and you
can't very well give them a written sheet to follow, either! And finding
a better copy is problematic.
You could still try using a graphic or parametric equalizer to increase
intelligibility of your recording. It's worth a shot.
Best,
Mal Rockwell

*******