[78-L] help req on a few 78s

bradc944 at comcast.net bradc944 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 26 04:17:54 PST 2009

Hi Bill.
That's actually a nice little stash of R&B 78s!  Nice enough to make me drool.
As far as what those would fetch in TODAY'S market, I would have no idea, unless you knew an active buyer/seller.  If I would have seen these in a shop (anteeky, record, et al), depending on grade I would give between 5-10 each, but I'm a VERY tight spender, especially now with the current climate. Someone who has the resources and specializes in R&B/doo-wop 78s may pay more for them.  The problem is this: there are maybe a handful of such people around. :(
I have about a hundred doo-wop/R&B 78s in my archive, and that's about what I paid for them when I ran across a bunch of discs years ago (when money was more available).  I certainly wish I could make a decent offer on them, they sound yummy, and I'm familiar with a lot of those artists.
Good luck on this, mate!  Hopefully they'll go to a good home :)