[78-L] help req on a few 78s

William A. Brent bbrent at pipeline.com
Wed Feb 25 23:33:27 PST 2009

Hi

A friend dropped off a bunch of 78s and asked the magic question
"Are these worth anything, they're really old"
I gave my pat answer - "They're only worth what some one will pay for them"
(at least in terms of dollars)

well naturally he then asked - what do you think you can get for them -
I only buy things I like to listen to (or, lets say I like a 9 of the 10
records a particular artist made, I'll take the 10th just to complete things.

so with that in  mind, I'd like to put this out to the group -
are these saleable - and what can he expect to get

(former) friend's list - part 1
Vee-Jay 196 orioles "I Just Got Lucky" VG++
DeLuxe 6065 Charms "Two Hearts" M-
Exclusive exc-1069 Johnny Moore's Three Blazers "Bobby Sox Blues" VG
Flair 1058 Richard Berry and the dreamers - "Daddy Daddy" VG+ WOL
(grease pencil)
Okeh 6509 Charioteers -  "cancel the flowers" vg+
Black & White 119 - Rabon Tarrant with Jack McVea & his door openers
- "slowly Goin Crazy Blues" - VG
Bluebird 34-0719 - the four clefs - "Love has Come My Way" - M-
Federal - 12124 - Four Internes - "Do Unto Others" - M-
Roy Milton Records - Roy Milton - "R.M. Blues" - G
Miltone 218 - Effie Smith - "Answer to R.M. Blues" (sexy label) - VG

Thats about a quarter of them - thanks for any help you can offer

Bill