[78-L] Lighten my darkness

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Wed Feb 25 19:33:35 PST 2009

Yeah..they're ******* atrocious! Brunswick's acousticals were far better than
their early electricals. Or most of their middle electricals, especially the
Los Angeles ones. Or their early ARC era electricals.

I would love to know whether Brunswick ever recorded any original masters at
33RPM and dubbed to 78. They definitely did some 78 dubs in the 20s, and there
are some orchestral recordings that have that heavy "transcription" tone. There
are 33RPM Theater Use discs in the early 30s, but that's a different situation.

dl