[78-L] Lighten my darkness

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 19:18:16 PST 2009

Do the Brunswick records made with the 'light-ray' apparatus have a
definite sound to them that marks them out from the acoustic records,
and the good quality electrics?   One Brunswick I have is a Ray Miller
disc on 3046 of 'Dreaming of a castle in the air' b/w 'Sweet
nothings'.  'Dreaming' was recorded 18th January 1926 and sounds very
good for the era, while the flip, recorded the next day, is a
distorted mess.  I wonder if one side was 'light-ray' and the other
done with the good equipment?