[78-L] Stewart Banjo & Guitar Mag Online

Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. citroenid19 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 25 07:13:38 PST 2009

Tom wrote:
> You can also find substantial amounts of data that have been digitized from newspaper archives using a library search tool called "Proquest". I haven't used it myself, but have hired researchers to use it for me on various projects I've been inolved in, as recently as last summer. It's available not too far from me at a mid-sized city library and is also available at a major university (Duke University) library nearby.
>
> Get to know a research librarian. He or she can often be your best friend for doing this kind of research.

Googling has brought me a lot of sources

I have found some issues of "Box Office" here
http://issuu.com/boxoffice/docs/boxoffice_111045/77

The Chicago Tribune has some online archives. Many old movie reviews,
which include comments on related stage activities.
http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/review?_r=1&res=9405E3D7133DE73ABC4E52DFB7668383639EDE

 Here is more obscure, but useful to me, as Lou Breese's wife Capitola
was a member of Arden Shores and gleaned a lot of work for her husband
there.
http://davies.halinet.on.ca/Newspaper/LSN/191408/LSN1914082701.pdf

Valuable, time saving.

--