[78-L] Hit of The Weeks,was: Noise

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Sat Jan 24 18:20:29 PST 2009

RE: Stapling HOWs...ouch!  I have found a very easy way to play 'em,  which
is to have handy a plastic clamping clothes pin and clamp it to the
spindle...that will keep the record flat if the center hole has gotten too
loose to keep the record flat.

I also keep a couple of plastic doo-hickies (or maybe they are deelie-bobs)
near the turntable to set on the head of the tone arm if I need a tiny bit
more weight...works on all the HOWs I have,  and I have most of them from
1930-32 (not in such good shape on the earliest issues).

Hope that helps.

Taylor B