[78-L] You never answered Chris Zwarg's question

fnarf at comcast.net fnarf at comcast.net
Fri Jan 23 16:30:45 PST 2009

The more you write the more apparent it is that your "apology" was nothing of the kind, and your coquettish refusal to even countenance the possibility that there might be some other reason to believe that "nigger president" besides a surplus of sensitivity is extremely tiresome -- more so than the original statement. It is obvious that you did indeed intent to offend; that asterisk admits it.

As for your supposed elucidation, it rings hollow. You can pretend to not understand why electing a black man to the presidency of a country that once would have enslaved him, in a city where within living memory he would not have been permitted to sit at lunch counters, in a house that was BUILT BY SLAVES, but I don't believe it. I don't think anyone, even a German, can be that ignorant.

I'll tell you, your dishonesty is more offensive than your race-baiting.

I don't care what your wishes for our new president are. It is just as offensive to say he was elected because of his skin color as it is to call him a nigger -- less obviously so to some, but not to me. Nothing you have said since then has changed my opinion on this; indeed, every message you send digs that hole deeper. And deeper, and deeper. I was willing to let it go at one point, but you keep hammering away at it. You protesteth too much, I'd say.

Fortunately, mindsets like yours are fading from the world. Most people are looking forward to that future.

--
Steve.

From: Chris Zwarg <doctordisc at truesoundtransfers.de>