[78-L] Pathetic

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Thu Jan 22 21:53:54 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "D P Ingram" <darren at ingram.fi>
> It is not my place to lay down rules, but I am sure I am missing the
> odd gem by having to bulk delete based on subject lines a lot of the
> clearly off topic stuff which I'd prefer what was elsewhere, or maybe
> there could be a 78l-chat for those who want to have social chats
> leaving the list and its archives for pure discographical materials.

The harsh reality is the simple fact that...except for a VERY small
group of 78 lovers..."pure discographic materials" are FAR from
inspiring reading!!!

Here again, I repeat my earlier suggestion...for all you people whose
life is DEDICATED to 78rpm phonorecords...download "The Abrams
Files" from 78online.com, and make all the additions and corrections
thereunto...! We aren't TOO far from having a digital database which
includes EVERY 78rpm phonorecord EVER issued; it is YOUR
assigned task to reach that goal...!!

...stevenc