[78-L] a Herwin puzzler

Peter Fraissinet pf13 at cornell.edu
Fri Jan 16 11:37:47 PST 2009

Mal,

I have many of this series, but not this issue.

Russell has this disc as extant:

A-side:
Vernon Dalhart
Lindbergh (The Eagle Of The U.S.A.),
mx GEX-661-B,-C (originally on Gennett 6169);

with the B-side:
as by Ben Jerrell [sic], of course meaning Ben Jarrell [Da Costa
Woltz's Southern Broadcasters],
Take Me Back to the Sweet Sunny South
mx 12779 (originally on Gennett 6176)

--Peter

At 02:22 PM 1/16/2009, Malcolm Rockwell wrote:
>I just came across an oddity. In my ongoing Gennett research I have
>label copies of Herwin 75555, both sides by Ernest Hare and both sides
>evidently produced by Paramount. They are: -A side = Lindbergh (The
>Eagle Of The U.S.A.); -B side = Lucky Lindy. The -A side also appears in
>the Gennett ledgers, with the same issue numbers, but as by Vernon
>Dalhart! The -B side pictured does not appear in the ledgers anywhere.
>Listmember Jack Palmer notes that these two different recordings were
>indeed released on Herwin 75555.
>Can a Dalhart issue for Herwin 75555-A be confirmed? And what's on the
>-B side?
>Malcolm

Peter Fraissinet
West Danby, NY