[78-L] a Herwin puzzler

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com
Fri Jan 16 11:22:14 PST 2009

I just came across an oddity. In my ongoing Gennett research I have
label copies of Herwin 75555, both sides by Ernest Hare and both sides
evidently produced by Paramount. They are: -A side = Lindbergh (The
Eagle Of The U.S.A.); -B side = Lucky Lindy. The -A side also appears in
the Gennett ledgers, with the same issue numbers, but as by Vernon
Dalhart! The -B side pictured does not appear in the ledgers anywhere.
Listmember Jack Palmer notes that these two different recordings were
indeed released on Herwin 75555.
Can a Dalhart issue for Herwin 75555-A be confirmed? And what's on the
-B side?
Malcolm