[78-L] Fwd: Early Blues in Europe

Bertrand CHAUMELLE chaumelle at orange.fr
Wed Jan 14 11:39:55 PST 2009

Yes Yves, Panassié spoke with all the musicians who travelled to
France. Foremost among them: Louis Armstrong.

That's why his name (or some allusion to him) is included in so many
jazz tunes, such as "Panassié Stomp" or "Now You Has Jazz".

Among the records he had were Armstrong Okeh red labels and Bessie
Smith Columbia blue labels, long before anyone else in France.

Delaunay used Panassié's knowledge to build his own collection of 78s.

BC