[78-L] Trivia question

Jeff Lichtman jeff at swazoo.com
Fri Jan 9 19:35:23 PST 2009

>Seems to me this is, more accurately, a question about either a single
>"trivium" or "trivius"...! Or do "name and location," being two DISTINCT
>facts, count as "triviA?" Or...is one a "trivia," making the two "triviae?!"
>
>...stevenc

The word "trivia" in English comes from the same word in Latin
meaning "three roads." Trivialities are the sorts of things people
talk about when they meet at a street intersection. "Trivia" in
English is a collective noun - it has no singular form. The closest
we can come is "piece of trivia."

                        -        Jeff Lichtman
                                 jeff at swazoo.com
                                 http://swazoo.com/