[78-L] end of 525-line television ^

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 06:47:38 PST 2009

Peoria, Illinois is another city stuck in an all-UHF ghetto AFAIK.

Some of what I've heard about this digital switchover includes
something to do with each digital channel occupying a smaller RF
bandwidth 'footprint' than the analogue stations.  Thus meaning each
station that, say, occupied one channel each, could begin offering
three or four new channels of programming in the same space.  I wonder
if this means there will be a new proliferation of awful 'niche'
channels like cable and satellite has been bogged down with for years?