[78-L] Digital Television -To Be,Or Not To Be? ^

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Thu Jan 8 20:11:09 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lennick" <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> They also ran out of those $40 assist coupons and didn't have time to
> print
> more. Meanwhile, here in Canada, which was 5 years behind the US in
> getting
> television in the first place, we're not changing for a couple of years.
> And we
> also don't know from HD Radio, which seems to be in a similar state of
> "what is
> it, who asked for it, get rid of it"..
> http://hdradiofarce.blogspot.com/

Well, I maintain my firm belief that all these new formats for TV, radio and
recorded content of ANY sort are primarily about creating new "cash cows"
by requiring many millions of viewers/listeners/wotaveya to go out and buy
NEW (and expensive) machinery to replace perfectly good...but now useless
and obsolete...machinery they already own!

Wait until the "media police" discover that I have around 54,000 analog
SHELLAC sound recordings...?!

FEH!!

...stevenc
(and wot of the poor sod who just laid out several grand for a big-screen
analog TV the size of Ohio...?!)