[78-L] BOOK PUBLISHING DEADLINES..HOW TIGHT? ^

Donna Halper dlh at donnahalper.com
Fri Jan 2 20:51:57 PST 2009

At 11:22 PM 1/2/2009, Mike wrote:
>Was the book PRINTED in the U.S. or Canada, or somewhere else like
>Singapore or China?  While pages can now be instantly sent to printers
>by the internet, it still takes time to get the printed books back here
>to the U.S. from Asia or Europe.

Exactly.  I was still doing up-date of my own most recent book right
up to early September, and the book came out in late November.  But
Greenwood Press is in Connecticut, and the printer they use is in NY,
so we were able to shoe-horn in a few last-minute additions, although
not major changes to the text.