[78-L] Nelson Eddy's Greatest Hits

Sammy Jones sjones69 at bellsouth.net
Sun Dec 28 12:39:07 PST 2008

I just picked up this CD for $1.50 at a local record store that will be
shortly going out of business.

The sound is not bad.  Fake echo is very evident throughout, but not
overdone (I'd prefer they didn't put it in at all...).

I'm guessing all of the tracks come from Columbia 78s, but Sony has provided
no discographic information.  Can anyone fill in any details?

The CD in question is Sony A 24298, Nelson Eddy's Greatest Hits.  No release
date is indicated, but I'd guess early to mid-90s.

Eddy's renditions of "Short'nin' Break" and "Stout-hearted Men" are great!

Thanks,
Sammy Jones