[78-L] Ho Ho Ho

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Wed Dec 24 20:00:57 PST 2008

Michael Biel wrote:
> David Lennick wrote:
>> Michael Biel wrote:

>>> Are you kidding?  I don't think anybody on this list has a garage being
>>> used for parking their car!!
>>>
>> Time to mention the sad tale of Toronto collector Keith Roos, who died almost
>> three years ago..IN HIS CAR..because his house was so full of records, books,
>> films etc. there was no room to manipulate. This really happened. It took
>> friends three months to get the house to the point where people could walk
>> through it (and start buying records).
>>
>> dl
>
> The friends should have come to his aid while he was still alive and
> help him clear up his house when he could benefit from it.  I know what
> it is like, being alone here it sometimes approaches this situation and
> one person -- especially if the are infirm -- cannot keep things orderly
> all by themselves.
>
> Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

Believe me, some friends tried..this situation also involved a flooded
basement, disconnected telephone lines, Keith being hard to reach at the best
of times. Graham Newton and I knew him for about forty years. Just after
Keith's divorce in the late 60s (come on, don't act so surprised, although he
never saw it coming) my wife and I were going on a Saturday morning jaunt with
Keith and his six-year-old daughter, weekend custody, when she piped up with
the line we never let her forget while she was dealing with the estate: "Daddy,
you buy too many records."

Incidentally, another of Keith's passions was westerns. His ashes were
scattered over the Iverson Ranch.