[78-L] Ho Ho Ho from the Collyer Brothers?

buster busterdog at mac.com
Wed Dec 24 19:54:52 PST 2008

We had a guy out here in SF, a collector named Rob.

Rob lived with his folks in a big old Victorian.  They eventually
died, and he proceeded to fill it to the rafters with his
collections.  When it was full, he rented a warehouse in a rough part
of East Oakland and filled it, too.

One day someone came by the warehouse, and found Rob's truck outside,
unlocked, and the door to the warehouse open with the keys in the
lock.  And no Rob.

They figured he's been robbed and killed and dumped somewhere, and
eventually the warehouse landlord was allowed to clean out the place
so he could rent it out again.  They hired laborers to haul off the
tons of newspapers, magazines and records.

And there they found Rob's remains, crushed and dried out under a
collapsed pile of records and magazines.