[78-L] Lottaspam ^

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun Dec 21 20:30:55 PST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Lichtman" <jeff at swazoo.com>
>>I can try to find a program that will automatically strip out those
>>advertisements, if I do there is a chance it would also strip out an
>>occasional link that a member adds to his/her email to the
>>list.  There are such programs  (demime used to do some filtering) ,
>>but they must be constantly keep up to date because the ad writers
>>constantly change their messages to try to bypass those filtering
>>programs.
> In my opinion it wouldn't be worth the effort to try to strip off
> these ads. They're easy to ignore once you know what they are.
> There's also the possibility that software to strip off ads will make
> mistakes and remove legitimate content. I think it's better to leave
> things alone than to invest a lot of effort in an imperfect solution
> to a minor problem.

The harsh reality is THIS!! We are now in the XXI Jahrhundert...
and MANY, if not MOST, folks want to get insanely rich...just
like the CEO's and such they read about!

One of the ways to do this is to ADVERTISE whenever possible!
About 75% of my daily newspaper is ads, along with a significant
part of my e-mail and the usual innumerable flyers stuffed into my
mailbox or included in my daily paper...?!

Welcome to the new age...?!?!

FEH!!

...stevenc