[78-L] Lottaspam ^

Jeff Lichtman jeff at swazoo.com
Sun Dec 21 10:04:25 PST 2008

>I can try to find a program that will automatically strip out those
>advertisements, if I do there is a chance it would also strip out an
>occasional link that a member adds to his/her email to the
>list.  There are such programs  (demime used to do some filtering) ,
>but they must be constantly keep up to date because the ad writers
>constantly change their messages to try to bypass those filtering programs.
>
>    Regards,
>    Ron Fial

In my opinion it wouldn't be worth the effort to try to strip off
these ads. They're easy to ignore once you know what they are.
There's also the possibility that software to strip off ads will make
mistakes and remove legitimate content. I think it's better to leave
things alone than to invest a lot of effort in an imperfect solution
to a minor problem.

                        -        Jeff Lichtman
                                 jeff at swazoo.com
                                 http://swazoo.com/