[78-L] Pile o' 78s^

benno.haeupl at t-online.de benno.haeupl at t-online.de
Thu Dec 18 13:54:34 PST 2008

It is certainly not an urban legend.
I was in touch with a guy who had his AFRS 16 inchers pulled from 'that'
internet auction site' .

We exchanged about 10 emails. I hope I kept the most important ones.
Will look for them.
He mentioned the name of the Army department, its location and the name
of the person in charge.
I only remember that this Army Service is in California.
The record auctions were pulled because the US Army is a VERO member on
that auction site.
It costs you to be a VERO member, and you can be a VERO member only when
you have copyright or a trade mark to protect and defend.

I think it was a Major this seller was in touch with. That was the
person who represents the Army in the auction site's VERO program. A
Major!
And the auction site will only reinstate the auctions if the VERO member
asks them to do so.

Will see if I kept some details.
Benno