[78-L] Correction, Re: Puckett & McMichen on a Race Record?

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Dec 9 19:40:46 PST 2008

Gid Tanner made the next master, with unknown accompaniment, and Puckett and
McMichen recorded on the same day, but not necessarily in the same time period
since Smith's Sacred Singers and the Seventh Day Adventists Choir account for 9
masters in between. This doesn't necessarily that everyone recorded in the
exact sequence of assigned numbers, I suppose. The Columbia Books just say
"guitar" for "Downhearted Blues" and "violin & guitar" for St. Louis Blues, and
then piano for the next two (unissued) sides. Atlanta, November 3/26. Note that
on a subsequent recording trip the following April, Puckett and McMichen
recorded Downhearted Blues with their own accompaniment, unissued.

dl

78-L at klickitat.78online.com