[78-L] Frigidaire, Vaughn Meadera nd Tina Fey

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Dec 5 21:21:18 PST 2008

Jim Whipkey wrote:

> Randy, I  can tell you  absolutely  I believe the song refers  simply to

> the brand name refrigerator because  it is  what  I grew up  hearing anytime
> a reference was made to the box  powered by  electric (or gas) was
> mentioned.

IT'S A PUN.  It is a reference to the trade name BUT IT MEANS FRIGID
AIR.  How the holy hell can you stock your heart with a
refrigerator????????????  Of course if you had air in your heart you
would DIE, so that makes no sense either, but it is OBVIOUS that it is a
PUN on the word that the singer is saying that protecting themselves
from being hurt by their lover.

For Pete's sake, I can't imagine anyone on this list, of all places, not
recognizing a PUN.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com