[78-L] Record playing speed

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Wed Dec 3 09:35:42 PST 2008

Thanks to both Allen and David for providing the correct speed and
threading.  I knew these both but was too lazy to get out the books and
look them up to be sure.  And the Thorens motor I mentioned on the other
post is a spring motor, so the article David mentioned is appropriate
for the machine I have.  It has a magnetic pick-up but no amplifier.
You plug in a headphone which can be driven directly by the pick-up.
The late George Blacker found this for me in a Conn. antique store.

Mike Biel   mbiel at mbiel.com