[78-L] Story of the LP

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Mon Dec 1 07:15:41 PST 2008

 Actually, none of the pre-1948 items was called "LP". Columbia named it that
> and launched it in June 1948, so to be specific, yes it's 60 years for the LP,
> an anniversary which didn't seem to get much attention that I was aware of.
>
> dl

By the same token, from what I recall of the few years I spent on this planet before 1948 and from any record related items from that period that I've read, no record was referred to as a "78" before 1948.  So, as I've alluded to in previous postings, this is also the 60th anniversary of the "78".

db